Basic Gun Safety Training
Basic gun safety training is something everyone needs to practice. Talon Tactical Medicine takes gun safety training very seriously. It dopes not matter what y, regardless of the experience level of our students. Complacency causes accidents, and it can happen in an instant.
- The first rule is to treat every firearm as if it were loaded, even if you have verified that it is not. Remember, any gun can cause serious injury or death in a single instant of carelessness.
- Next, keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction. Do not point your gun at anything you do not intend to destroy.
- Always be aware of what is behind the intended target. It is possible you may miss the intended target, or the bullet could pass through it. Keep in mind, a bullet can ricochet or glance off any object it strikes, and they can penetrate walls, ceilings, floors and windows.
- The next rule is to keep your finger out of a gun’s trigger guard and off of the trigger. You should place your finger on the trigger once your sights are aligned and you have made the decision to fire.
- Always be certain that your target and the surrounding area are safe before firing!
With a little attention to detail, negligent discharges can be avoided. Firearm safety is everyone’s responsibility. Safe gun handling is a habit we all need to develop. For additional information on firearms safety, please visit any of the sites listed below: